Monday, June 10, 2013

Cloth Diapers......

When I was pregnant with my second baby (my daughter) my friend from church was also pregnant. She told me that she was going to cloth diaper. At the time I knew that I needed to save every penny possible with the new baby and I knew cloth diapering would save us a tremendous amount of money. She had mentioned that they were a lot different now and boy was she right! After a google search I was soo overwhelmed! There were so many terms and so many kinds of diapers and how was I suppose to know what I needed? Not to mention the whole reason for cloth diapering was to SAVE money and all the diapers I saw were around $25 for one! I didn't have that kind of money especially when they said you needed to have about 21-25 diapers for your stash! Well with some more research I found something for the frugal mom!!! Here it is.......
 
1. I found a young lady on YouTube and she has a channel on cloth diapering. She has the 411 on all your cloth diapering needs!!!! ObbsAndLala is her YouTube name. You should check her out she is great she has it all covered!!!
 
2. I found a brand that was a fraction of the price of the main brands like Bumgenius and Fuzzibuns. The brand I use is Kawaii. They can be purchased on many different sites including their own at www.theluvyourbaby.com I bought mine all at once on ebay. I found a really good deal!
 
3. I wanted to buy all my diapers at one time as well as all the accessories, a wet bag, cloth wipes, etc. I found that PayPal has a service called Bill Me Later. It works like a credit card and you can make payments on your purchase. Now I don't like using credit however at the time I didn't have a bulk of cash to spend and I thought with the money I saved on not using diapers I would pay it off quickly. The best part was there was no interest for 6 months on your first purchase of $99 or more!!! This was great!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Below are a few of our diapers. We use the bamboo by kawaii. They are much trimmer than microfiber.









Below is a pic of the pocket. That's were the insert goes. The insert is your absorbency.  Also there is a pic of the snaps. The ones that go across are for waist adjustment and the ones that are vertical are for hight adjustment.

 
 
 
 
Hope this helps!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment