Thursday, June 13, 2013

Basil red sauce pasta

Most of the food I cook have ingredients that are in season. I save a ton of money that way and since I receive a CSA box every week I always get fresh organic produce. I use the food I receive in my meals and also I juice so I will also use the greens I receive for that. Below is some lunch I made for me and the kids. I don't eat meat so I always try to incorporate veggies. Hope you enjoy this dish it is very fast and easy to make!
 



I Love Trader Joe's! I bought this pasta and organic tomato sauce there...
 
 
 
 
I chopped some a carrot, cucumber, and half a purple onion. All ingredients I received this week in my CSA box. I also used some organic minced garlic for this dish.
 
I added some extra virgin olive oil, carrots, onion and garlic and let it cook for a few min on med. high heat
 
After about 5 min I added the tomato sauce and some salt and pepper.
 
After you add your tomato sauce bring to a boil then cover and reduce to a simmer for about 15 min
I washed and chopped my fresh basil. This smelled soo good!!!
 
We added some cheese because we LOVE cheese. This is optional
 
Add your cooked pasta and mix well and Enjoy!

Love these cute kids! They both LOVE pasta!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment