Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Macaroni Chicken Bake

So here is a recipe that my husband LOVES!!!! He is such a sucker for anything cheesy! lol  This is an adult version of mac and cheese!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
First boil your noodles. I am using what I had in my panty, it really doesn't matter what kind, use what your family likes!


Next I diced my chicken breast into cubes. Add to skillet with about 1 1/2 cups of water, half chopped onion, and some minced garlic. Bring everything to a boil and leave on high for about 2 min.
 
 
After bring down to a simmer and cover it for about 20-25 min.


While meat is simmering, drain water from noodles after they are cooked. Add your cheese, I used extra sharp cheddar. Add as much or little as you want. Mix well and also add tablespoon of butter.


After you have let your chicken simmer, bring back up to a boil until water is gone.


Add chicken to pasta and then mix well.


Add mixture to casserole dish.


You can see I used the Safeway brand Italian Style bread crumbs. You can add whatever you like, sprinkle a light layer on top of mixture.

For some added goodness add some shredded cheese on top of bread crumbs (this is optional)

Bake at 350 for about 30 min. I only back mine for 20 because my husband does not like it fully baked.


The hubby and the kids really enjoyed this hope you do too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment