Thursday, December 12, 2013

Our New Homeschool Journey

So our days with homeschooling through K12 are over. No hard feelings at all in fact we had a great experience!! If you want to hear more about it you can watch my video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0PVmEEfeD8


Since leaving K12 we have been taking things slow and I think that is exactly what we need. Matthew is doing well and he is surely getting his confidence back! He is realizing that he no longer needs to stress and he is so excited with every new accomplishment.

In my search of homeschool fun I came across a video of a mom who was talking about how her children learned how to read with "sight words" I watched the video and was so excited because I knew in my heart that Matthew would LOVE this! I have learned so much about what kind on a learner he is. He is not fond of phonics at all! We are still working on phonics but ever since working on sight words I have been shocked with how fast he is learning!

Here is a link to that Video if interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEYiUHq4VfE

I think the thing that I am most excited about is adding GOD to our curriculum! I found some AMAZING bible lessons from Erica @ www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com. They are FREE and you can easily print them out. Today we did one and I was crying at the end. Tears of JOY! I was so beyond thrilled to see how much my little man wanted to know more and more about GOD. He asked so many questions. To know that I as a mother can bring that kind of education and learning to my children makes me soo happy!

For next year I am planning of purchasing Our Fathers World 1st grade curriculum. That can change but at this point I really like the reviews and what it offers.

Until then we are going to finish this Kinder year out STONG! With lots of crafts,reading and most importantly LOVE!


No comments:

Post a Comment